In the last article, we saw that even though we are doing everything we can (and BEYOND) to achieve a goal, there may be parts of us counterintuitively speaking, that aren’t up for it.
So the focus of this article is to bring awareness to the sneaky illogical undercurrent that’s going behind the scenes of our external reality that is not so obvious. Because awareness as you know, is the very first key in transforming ANY situation.
Here are some kinds of underlying reasons undercutting our desired outcome. See if a light-bulb of self-awareness goes off for you as you read.
(If you do, acknowledge it and then let it go, please do not make this an exercise in self-chastising. Because in the next post, we’ll explore more joyful ways forward.)
1. Part of you feels it’s not really YOUR desire. The truth is, it originated from other people’s ideas of what makes THEM happy. But not YOU my dear.
2. Deep inside, you don’t feel as if you deserve it. You’re not worth reaching that desire. It’s too big for “little ol” you.
3. Some part of you is stuck in the past. In the past image of who you thought you were and what you thought you deserved
4. You’ve unwittingly focused on the “How,” and forgot to step back and ask the bigger picture of “Why” that desire is important to you
5. Part of you doubts your abilities
6. The purpose of your desire was to fix yourself, to get rid of an underlying flaw you want to get rid of forever. The focus was to “get rid of” a flaw, which is different to creating beauty. This is a case in point of knowing clearly what we don’t want, which is good, but in order for our desire to come true, we need to know clearly what we do want
7. You give more focus to incidents and times when you think you’ve stuffed up than on celebrating little or big steps going forward. This encourages self-discouragement, and then you give up
8. You think it’s karma punishing you for past deeds so you can’t get what you’re desiring
9. You give yourself a timeline, an ultimatum of sorts, so if it doesn’t deliver by this specific date, you tell yourself it’s just wishing thinking, and give up on your desire
10. A part of you has been anxious with the fact that you DON’T have it yet – this makes you amplify the part of you that MISSES it. It’s like enlarging an already gaping hole.
11. A cheeky you had set out the goal half-heartedly out of skepticism just to see if a new method of manifesting really works
Btw, for ALL the points above – I’ve been there. They’re by no means, meant to make you feel less-than good. My intent here is to use my past and what I see working with others to hopefully bring more clarity and a sense of realness to the confusing topic of manifestation.
Before you get all hung up on any of these points, let’s step back and remind ourselves… it’s only a small part of you that may be stuck. Not all of you. You DO have the wisdom to know what serves your highest future. Yes. YOU.
In the next post, let’s look at how we can make the journey to our desire more joyful.